Friday, January 18, 2008

Freaky Friday

I had to be at an appointment early this morning. The temperatures where very chilly when I left the house, and the area was blanketed in frozen fog. Once the fog lifted some, the view was amazing. The fog had frozen to the trees and everything was white crystals. As I drove by my church on the way to Coeur d'Alene, my heart kind of skipped a beat as I noticed police cars and news crews in the driveway. I tried to tune in an AM radio station, but I could not get a reception. I knew that it was about the time people would be going to work and a small fear came over me, that something bad happened, like a shooting. By the time I arrived in town at my appointment, I finally found some news on the radio. They were talking about the suicidal man in Spokane, who had threatened to kill himself and his girlfriend in one of the schools, so those schools were shut down. Then they said that there also was a chase that started in Spokane at Hooters, and it ended at Real Life Ministries, and that gun fire had been exchanged. I tried not to worry about everyone I knew who worked today and I prayed for their safety. After my appointment, I was still trying not to worry.

I tried enjoy the fact that the fog had pretty much lifted, and the sky was blue with the sun shining! I also enjoyed snapping few pictures on my way home of the beautiful crystallized trees and scenery.


Once I arrived home, I immediately got on the internet to check out details of the shooting. It seems that no one was killed, but several shots were fired. I believe the stand off started before anyone arrived at work, so everyone was safe, to which I breathed a prayer of thanks. It still sends chills up my spine, though, to think that a shoot off went on in my church parking lot.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That's pretty scary. Glad everyone was okay.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...