Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Beautiful Night

The full moon rose above the grand fir trees in the eastern sky. The sky was filled with amazing hues of purple and blue, and around the moon was a wispy, white cloud. The cloud did not cover the giant moon, but instead it framed it's beauty. It was a stunning sight. When I turned my head to the western sky, the sun had just set and behind and above the silhouetted mountains, were vibrant colors of red, peach, orange, deep blue, and purple with white clouds interspersed in the magnificent scene. Again, breathtaking! It was one of those nights that is a photographer's dream. However, this photographer was having a bad dream, because she left her camera at home. I thought of it as I rushed out the door, but left it lay. I had my camera bag, just no camera. So, today, I hope you see through my mind's eye the amazing beauty that God blessed us with last night. It truly was incredible.

The lesson for today: Always be prepared! Also, remember to take in the amazing sights that surround you and look for the beauty of God's creation because it is amazing.

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...