Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Dog

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras


Today I just want to write about my dog. I wish I was half as loyal and devoted to others, as she is to me. I am hardly ever out of her sight when we are home together. She lays at my feet, and goes with me wherever I go, evidently with the idea that she is protecting me. She is generally happy and just loves to have a some quality attention. She knows when you are sad, and will come sit next to you, usually putting her head on your lap, as if to comfort you. She's always excited to see us when we arrive home. She seems to forgive immediately if wrong is done to her, which in her eyes would be forgetting her nightly bone. It seems to me that I can learn a lot from my dog. She displays many of the qualities that I should display to those in my life-loyalty; happiness; devotion; unconditional love; not worrying about the small stuff but just what's really important in life; true, committed friendship; quick forgiveness. Funny thing is, I'm the one who is supposed to teach her things, but when I really look at her, she's the one who should be teaching me.


2 comments:

SimplyDarlene said...

LLLH,
Ahhh, dogs. I love 'em too. We have three four-legged kids. And you are so right, we should take humanity (ha!) lessons from our doggies.

"Whosoever loveth me
loveth my hound."

~ Sir Thomas More

Your friend,
A Simple Country Girl

Sandi said...

What a wonderful lesson. Yes dogs do forgive almost right away. They love us no matter what we do or say.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...