Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mom's Day

"A mother's love is a special place where children always have a home."

Today is my mom's birthday and I want to wish her a very happy day!

As many know, I work with teens and the one thing I am truly grateful for as I hear stories from the girls I deal with, is that I had a mom who was home with me and who loved me and cared about me. Mom took time to be a mom and a friend. She was involved in our lives, and she took time to listen. I'm sure there were times when things I shared with her weren't always the easiest to hear, especially since I liked to talk way after it was mom and dad's bedtime. I am still that way, but don't sit on their bed now and talk, instead I just get on here and blog! Back to my mom....I just want to say thank you for the endless hours you have given to us, for the love you have shared and for the time to be a truly great mom and friend. Thank you for sharing your love of photography, gardening and flowers, and your compassion for others with me. Thank you for the example of being a Godly wife, and showing us that husband and wife/mom and dad should love each other. I love you, mom! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Please pass on my Birthday wishes to your mom.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...