Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Did I Miss Something?

Did I miss something? Did I sleep for a week and not know it? All over the internet headlines, the news media is telling us who has won which state, and who will be our next president. I don't know, but I thought election day is next week. I know there are places where people have already voted, some legal and some not, but I don't cast my vote until Tuesday. I always thought it was bad when they were telling us the winner for President as we were just getting off work out here in the West, but this is ridiculous! Speaking of voting, I really hope that people are paying attention because there is so much false stuff going on in so many of the races, so many lies, and so much deception. It seems that deception, both among candidates and the media, is at an all time high and it's scary how so many are believing everything they hear, instead of going and checking out the facts! We have become a society that strongly relies on the media's sick and twisted way of conveying their 'truth' and we don't research the real TRUTH for ourselves anymore. We were all given a brain, lets use them this election and in the next few days, take time to really find out what the candidates stand for and believe in.

For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths. But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. 2 Timothy 4:3-5

1 comment:

SimplyDarlene said...

Oh yes, indeed you missed the boat to liberal-land, biased-ville, and crazytown. Me too. Please go read my post today--you know, the link for Aspire To Lead A Quiet Life on the right side of this blog.

LLLH, you and I are often on the same page at the same time. Now I see we missed the same boat!

Love,
Simple Country Girl at Aspire To Lead A Quiet Life

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...