Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Good News

Good News: I challenge everyone reading to share something good that has happened this week. I think the more we read positive things the more our mind will focus on positive. Our pastor talked about how stressed out everyone is right now and that we need to focus our thinking on good things, and start to destress. I agree.

I don't know about you, but I need to have some media input that is positive. Although I've stopped watching any news because I am tired of all the garbage on right now, and all the fear mongering that is going on with the media hype on a lot of issues, I still see the news headlines when I get online. I try to avoid them, as well, but sometimes they still catch my eye.

I just typed in the word good news and found a site that focus on good things. Some of the headlines are listed below. You can go check out their website at http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/, and find out there are still good things going on in this world. There is a newsletter they will send to via email for free with the top ten good news stories of the week. You do have to register to read the stories, and you can get one month free. One month of good news stories will help to get us through this crazy time we are in.


Soldier's Dog Brought to the U.S. From Iraq (Video)
Princes Harry and William Ride Motorbikes Across African for Charity
NY town bakes 6,600 cookies for troops
Hiker Rescued After One Week (Video)
New Cancer Meds Offer Real Hope (Video)
Drivers are Ecstatic as Gas Prices Drop Significantly (Video)
A Different Kind Of Healing for Vets (Video)
The New Face Of Giving
Video Games Support School Lessons and Learning
Girl with Down Syndrome Voted Homecoming Queen
Academy Uses Hip-Hop to Spur Creativity

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:8

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beatiful fall colors and sunshine

Anonymous said...

I am married to a wonderful man and have a loving family. That's good news!

Sandi said...

Good news came our way yesterday. Hubby is not going to have a pay cut and we will still have great benefits.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...