Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall Day



It's a cool, crisp day. The sky is gray and dark blue, with the sun occasionally peeking through. The wind adds to the brisk temperatures, as it tosses the trees to and fro outside my window. The neighbor kids are bundled up in heavy sweatshirts as they toss the football up and down the street. The fire crackles in the wood stove as it warms up the house, and the sounds of a football game come across the tv. Much to my disappointment, I pulled a sweater down from my closet shelf this afternoon, before making a quick trip out to Cabela's, and it was cold enough outside that I even had to add a coat. Yes, today is full of signs that Fall has definitely arrived.




Come said the wind to the leaves one day, Come o're the meadows and we will play. Put on your dresses scarlet and gold, For summer is gone and the days grow cold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors!

Sandi said...

I love FALL and your color is beautiful

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...